The three data networks are colour coded. The colours in the diagrams match the colours of the ethernet cables.
- Red cables are included in the biz01 network.
- Blue cables are part of the biz02 network.
- Grey cables are part of the adm01 network.
Three different routes deserve three different colours. I used five. Each data network gets its own colour. The spine of each business route also get its own colour. This is because a spine carries much more traffic and needs greater bandwidth.
|LIC topology: data
- Red cables connect Internet customers to the PCs providing the services. Red cables connect the DMZ to ifw01.
- Blue cables connect Internet customers to those same PCs. Blue cables connect the DMZ to ifw02
- Grey cables carry administration traffic. Grey cables connect pretty much everything together. the spine is the same colour as the rest of the cables because bandwidth is not so important here. There is no HA for administrative traffic because it does not directly affect customers.